Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Alyssa's Favorite Blogs

Ok, this list is admittedly food-blog heavy.  I hope you’re okay with that!  Sorry for the short post, but I've got visitors in town!  They're keeping me wonderfully busy.
  •  Smitten Kitchen.  No, it’s not very original of me to list one of the most popular bloggers ever, but I’ve been following her for YEARS.  And in Deb’s case, she deserves her popularity (unlike, say, the Kardashians).  I’ve rarely made one of her recipes and not instantly put it into my rotation.  They aren’t usually quick or easy, but she spends lots and lots of time perfecting them.  So try not to cut corners!
  • Punk Domestics. The ultimate DIY food website.  They compile posts from all different bloggers about canning, pickling, making cheese, making salumi, etc, and organize them nicely in one place. 
  • Foodgawker.  Another great source of inspiration when you’re stuck.  Food bloggers submit their photos and posts and Foodgawker publishes them in a photo feed.  Click on an appealing image to view the original website.
  • Sunday Suppers.  For fancy-pants recipes and dinner parties.  They produce the loveliest events and I want to attend one so badly.
  • Decor8. The only non-food blog on my list. This blog is so much fun!  They feature great shops on Etsy, give DIY tips and publish yummy recipes once in a while.  It’s a great place for inspiration if you’re stuck in a rut.

      And here are some photos of the last few days, just to make this post a little more exciting ;)
Colorful shrimp in a tank at Tsukiji, the fish market

Sardines? Also at the fish market
Tokyo Sky Tree, the second tallest man-made structure in the world.







No comments:

Post a Comment