Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Alyssa's No-Fuss Easter Menu

It’s just the two of us for Easter this year, so I’m going to make a slightly simpler meal than I normally would.  Usually I would pull out all the stops and make a traditional Italian feast with anise-kissed Easter bread (an ancient family recipe), wedding soup with homemade parmesan/egg croutons, and herb-crusted pork tenderloin.  But I don’t really want to deal with the dishes involved in something so elaborate!


Instead, here’s what I have planned:

1. Rosemary Lamb Chops with Balsamic Syrup recipe from Gourmet.  But I’ll omit the swiss chard, since the Hubby doesn’t care for greens! (image from Epicurious.com)

2. Roasted Asparagus, since it’s a favorite in our house and it positively screams “spring!”  This Bon Appetit recipe with a balsamic drizzle looks good, although 18-20 minutes seems like a long time to roast asparagus if you like it crisp-tender.  (image from Epicurious.com)

3. Fresh baguette from our local bakery to soak up all of those yummy lamb and balsamic juices.

4. Vanilla ice cream and macerated strawberries for dessert.

5.  And if I’m feeling really ambitious, I LOVE deviled eggs.  But they’re an awful lot of work, so I’m not sure if they’ll make it on the menu this year!  This Bon Appetit recipe uses one of my favorite spices, chipotle.  But it probably won’t pair well with the rest of the meal, so maybe I'll save that recipe for another time and go more traditional for Easter. (image from Epicurious.com) 

What's on your menu this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment