Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Alyssa's Hobby: Jewelry! (with a tutorial)

I've been making jewelry for as long as I can remember.  I sold Fimo pendants to my classmates in middle school, turned my college apartment into a jewelry shop for a day, and had a booth at The Christmas Connection (a huge gift show in Cleveland).  I put away my supplies when I got a full-time job after college, as there was just not enough time to play with beads.  But now that I've got a bit of free time on my hands, I decided to break out the pliers again.

So I started an Etsy shop!  I'm really excited to be making jewelry again.  It's incredibly satisfying to make something with your own hands, and have a finished product to be proud of when you're done.  I thought you guys might be interested in learning how to do the same, so here's a little tutorial on how to make a simple pair of drop earrings.

Carla was browsing my shop the other day and mentioned that she liked a pair with really beautiful faceted red agate and green jasper that I found in Taipei.  Let's make a pair for her.  The best part?  I'll be able to give them to her in just over a WEEK because she's coming to Tokyo to visit!  I'm beyond excited, and this will be a nice welcome gift for her.  But shhh, don't tell her ;)

How to Make Simple Drop Earrings






No comments:

Post a Comment